Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Saturday 16 May 2020

TTC 2020 - Postponed

To all potential participants in the TTC, although not yet formally launched for 2020, I have decided to postpone the event for one full year. Nobody has a crystal ball that can tell us exactly how the current pandemic will "pan" out but it seems unlikely that an event based on shared accommodation and dining for 30+ people will be attractive to many by early September, even if the government advice had evolved to allow such social gatherings by then.

Given the huge problems I had booking the accommodation in the first place this year, I have attempted to move our booking ahead one full year in the hope that this will be less problematic than cancelling and trying to re-book. I have also advised that the charity should transfer my deposit on the accommodation until next year. Therefore the new provisional dates are Friday 10th to Sunday 12th September 2021. I await confirmation from the charity that owns the hostel that this will be possible. (THE CHARITY HAS NOW CONFIRMED THAT THE POSTPONEMENT TO NEXT YEAR IS PERFECTLY OK - SO THOSE ARE THE DATES FOR 2021)

As an alternative for this year, I propose that those who are interested (and again depending on government advice) meet up in Callander on the originally planned Saturday and/or Sunday (12th and 13th September 2020) and we will do some typical trail based sessions and runs, shower in the McLaren Leisure Centre and go to the Lade Inn for a pub lunch or dinner. This may give those who cannot normally come through for the TTC weekend a flavour of what it is all about and they can perhaps work on full participation in 2021.
Alan


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is very wise. I dont think shared accommodation will be allowed by then anyway. Do you want me to post the cheque to Portugal.

Alison Lessells said...

Good plan. Hoping we’re allowed to at least run together by then and if so I’m in for the days training in Callander.

StephenP said...

Am I the only one releaved? Clashed with my silver wedding anniv. A weekend away with the wife or 3 days of running.
Where's my trainers ?

Geo said...

Dates in calendar. Hopefully knee will be fixed by then.🤔

Geo...

CoachAD said...

Geo, I'm sure your knee will be fine well before September. Just got to rehab it gradually.
Alan

Stuart Gibson said...

A good plan and a nice bit of goodwill from the charity to defer the booking for a year. I am definitely up for a day's training and a bite to eat in Callendar in September if it's on the cards by that time.

cmccarron said...

That’s sounds great Alan good plan as I don’t think sharing will be allowed. A day in Callander will be great!

Karen said...

I joined just for the day on the Saturday in 2015, even though I could not do full TTC that year it was really lovely to join everyone running in fabulous location.