Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Friday 6 May 2016

A Wee Day Oot on the Way Part 3


Tyndrum or burst. Well it very nearly burst me! I should probably given it a bit longer at Orchy at least to digest the bacon roll.  Ran well to start with but had to stop a couple of times for water.  Sorry about the bandana headgear but i honestly couldn't see.  Was plodding away quite nicely until the railway tunnel.  Had to walk the climb out and on the next downhill both calf muscles cramped.  It was an emergency stop and I was trying a bit of massage when two young American ladies stopped to ask if I was alright.  I refrained from asking for assistance to stretch my muscle and instead engaged in a bit of friendly chat.  Back moving again I crossed the railway bridge at the top of the hill and the calves went again.  Only 1k to go and I thought I was going to have to walk.  More massage and I managed what I think was an Ian Rae shuffle down into Tyndrum. DONE IT !! Mr Garmin says about 28km but then he doesn't count the hills.  Meet my dad who Had walked Orchy to Tyndrum and only took 1 wrong turning.  A quick Cullen skink soup and then a well deserved pint or two.   Quick tip : bring deodorant.  It's one thing changing your t shirt but makes little difference if you're stil howling underneath.
Easy on the pints I've a bus to catch.
Stephen


No comments: