Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Friday 6 May 2016

A Wee Day Oot on the Way - the epilogue

I've had 40 winks and feeling on Top of the world.  I'm living life,  I'm loving life ! Apart from the calves the PF injury seems ok,  although that might be the painkillers and Ibrogel. To be honest the bus journey back hasn't been as good. Went to use the facilities and they were blocked but when a man's got to go a man's got to go.  Proud of myself that I managed to stop about a cm from the rim.  Always consider others.  Found it amusing that 3 other people tried to go later. Less amusing was the smell from the toilet for the last 45 mins.
Just in case  there's anyone not yet bored here's a few tips if you fancy it yourself -( you can have the deodorant tip for free.  )
1. The Guinness in Tyndrum is excellent.  Perhaps slightly stronger.
2. The WHW is really accessible by bus or train.  Don't take the car.  See point 1 above.
3. Always book the bus.  It was full both ways and some people didn't get on.
4. They seem to have an issue if you book a rerun from glencoe but try to get on at Tyndrum. Nearly turned nasty.
5. It's not a race,  relax and enjoy the scenery.  Nobody's watching if you walk the hills.
6. In terms of injury curing I rate it ahead of Lourdes.

Well that's me done folks.  My last comment is to say I typed all of this on my phone.  It has wacky predictive text and a lousy spell checker.  Make allowances for my dsylexai .
PS - does this make me an ultra runner ???
Stephen

2 comments:

Davie Searil said...

With point number five you sound like you're already a convert to long-distance running, welcome to the dark side Stephen! When your first ultra?

Kenny said...

Well done Stephen, you have provided the inspiration for those of us who are injured but hopinb to make an sffort for the WHW in a couple of weeks.