Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Friday 22 July 2016

SPORT AND EXERCISE PSYCHOLOGY RESEARCH


Dear Hugh,

I am undertaking a Masters in Sport and Exercise psychology within the Ulster University. I have recently received ethical approval to undertake a piece of research investigating exercise dependence among adult male runners. I am contacting several running clubs around the UK to request that they post details of the study and a link to an electronic questionnaire on the club website/forum area/Facebook or Twitter page. If at all practical, it would be great if clubs could also email details of the study to their male members.

Several clubs have already posted details of the study and the initial response rate has been encouraging. I'd be very grateful if members of your club could also be invited to participate. I obtained your details from the Scottish Athletics website.

I have prepared a short introduction (see below) which you may wish to use. 

Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Gary Woods

My name is Gary Woods and I am undertaking a Masters in Sport and Exercise Psychology within the Ulster University. I would be grateful if male runners aged 18 years and over would consider completing the questionnaire available at the following link.


I am investigating exercise dependence and attempting to identify factors associated with it (if present). Further details of the study are available within the questionnaire’s opening pages. Many thanks in advance for your time, should you be able to participate.

 

No comments: