Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Saturday 4 October 2014

McAndrew shock as B team beats A team

With its earlier start most athletes were at Scotstoun before midday but it was clear by the low turnout that the Great Scottish Run had taken away entrants from this historical event. The Harriers still managed to field two male teams. For the A team we had A Buchanan leading the way with a time of 18.15 putting us well up the field. On 1st leg duty for our B team we had D Herbertson coming home in 21.34. On 2nd leg duty were G Mullen for the A team his 1st Grand Prix race for over a year and putting in a fine performance of 22.05. for the B team we had A Henderson coming back from injury and putting in a solid 22.23. On to the 3rd leg and the A team had H Simpson setting off with a 3.37 lead against M Saez running for the B team. Unfortunately the pressure got to Hugh and Mark overhauled him with Mark clocking 20.36 to Hugh's 25.01. So the head to head final leg between M Duthie for the B team and R Couper for the A team was on but unfortunately Mark gave Martin too much of a start for me to haul back. I don't think ive seen such relief on someones face when Mark came into the changeover first. Martin had been warned if he had to pass me I was going to kick his dodgy calf. Anyway Martin ran 19.30 against my 29.57. On a positive note it was faster than last year. Alan will update the GP when he returns but in the meantime I can say the Ladies has no change and Mark extends his lead in the scratch championship and the GP.

1 comment:

Martin Duthie said...

I was prepared for all eventualities, even had a pair of shin guards round my calf's. Thanks again Russell for being at the race bright and early as always to pick up my number, the early morning alarm call was also appreciated to get me out of my bed.