Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 October 2009

Loch Ness Marathon

Update!!
Thanks to Mary for letting us know that her time was actually 4:15, not too shabby at all! See Mary's comment for her full reaction and other news on runners we know.

Also, Andy Buchannan was competing in the Loch Ness 10k and finished a very creditable 4th out of 2500 in a new pb of 34:42, missing out on 3rd place by only 12secs. Thanks to Dawn for the report and all the best to Andy with his studies at college in Inverness; his talent will be missed.

Well done to Mary Goldsmith on her time of 4:17 on the Bonnie Banks of Loch Ness (am I getting my songs mixed up here?). I'm sure this will qualify for a performance standard (will check when I get back to the UK). I've a feeling there may have been more than one Harrier competing in that race series, so as is traditional, if anyone who was there running or spectating would like to submit a race report for the blog and a photograph or two it would be much appreciated.

The bigger the race the more inpenetrable the on-line results seem to be so I cannot actually even check Mary's time at the moment let alone search for any other Harriers!

Congratulations again Mary on a fine time and now put your feet up for a few weeks and recover.

Alan

1 comment:

mary said...

No more Harriers but 2 well knwon to us. William Bell (now with Strathaven Striders as the meet times suit his shifts better) did 3.50 and Amanda Watters passed a weary me at mile 16 to do 4.04. Both brilliant for first Marathons. My time was not 4.17 however but a slightly less inglorious 4.15 which doesn't meet any standards even at my advanced age!! I blame the hills.