Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Monday 21 October 2019

Hills, Hills and more Hills- Queens parkrun

On Saturday I traveled down to Queens park to take part in the inaugural Queens parkrun, another one to add to the growing parkrun list which shows just how popular and friendly they are. So then I tried to run what I thought was the route in reverse, quickly realising this would be a tough outing despite telling myself to hold back after a long training week. With the normal announcements made we were soon underway into a three lap course. The route begins with a sharp right turn followed by the first hill, and a turn on to the second hill past the tennis club. A flattish straight followed before the long slog to the flag pole by this time I was sitting comfortable in fourth.place. After the downhill finish the first lap was over, phew only 9 more hills to go. In the end I was fifth overall in just over 20.40. which was pleasing considering the severity of the course, certainly not a PB course. The Marshalls were great as always, you would have never have guessed this was the inaugural event. 387 people ran, with another parkrun almost on our doorstep. I think it's fair to say that Tollcross, Drumchapel and Plean parkruns have met their match. Great event with plenty of exciting climbs.

Chris

No comments: