Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Sunday 13 October 2019

Linlithgow 10k

After a two year absence I returned to Linlithgow to a race I have really enjoyed running in the past.  This was my 5th time (and I would have run it more had I not had the Chester Marathon last year and the training camp in 2017).

This Sunday afternoon race starts on the closed road of the high street.  After heading up the high street you take a right turn and then after about 1.5 km you come to what I would describe as the ‘Auldhouse dip’.  This start makes for a fast 2km.  From the start it is about a loop of 4k before you reach the top end of the high street again before you head down to Linlithgow loch.  Here you follow the perimeter of the loch, on trail paths before exiting the loch section at approximately 6k.  The next 3k is around some country lanes before arriving at the other end of the high street.  If you were to try this race in future then note that once you turn off the high street to head towards the finish at Linlithgow Palace then the finish line is not too far around the corner so get your sprint finish prepared in plenty of time!  A really good organised race and a great finish against the backdrop of Linlithgow Palace.

My finish time was 40.07 (3rd female)

Julie

PS This may be one for Chas but does anyone remember an Evelyn Bain who ran with the Harriers?  She took the time to come across to me at the start and mentioned that she ran with the Harriers some time ago.  I think she now lives through in the east.  She spent some time asking about the club which I thought was really nice of her.

2 comments:

CoachAD said...

Well done Julie. Further evidence of your fine current form. I do remember Evelyn Bain. She was one of the original Tuesday night club in the early nineties. You will see Evelyn's name in the Brampton archive where she competed in 1992, finishing in 73 minutes.
Alan

Karen said...

Brilliant Julie- well done on another fab run :)