Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Friday 3 April 2015

Grand Prix Updated After Balloch Half

The Grand Prix and Club Championships have been updated after a short delay. Access via the usual links in the menu on the left. It will be a boost to Russell (but no surprise!) in his present injured state to see him stick his nose in front of the men's Grand Prix whilst Andy Buchanan closes in on the leaders in the GP and extends his lead in the Club Championship. With Sandy Hayden the only Harrier representing the ladies at Balloch, she appears on the GP and Club Championship score sheets for the first time in a handy mid-table position courtesy of a fine début and a well advised joker.

Grangemouth 10k is the next GP race. However, if anyone would like to lend their support to Billy and Frances at the non-Grand Prix Tom Scott 10 mile in Strathclyde Park this Sunday (1000 start), I am sure it would be much appreciated.
Alan

7 comments:

Richard Lawton said...

I am running too so any cheers of support for me would be good.

Richard

CoachAD said...

Of course Richard. Thought you were still injured (a queue that Kenny has now joined, forcing him out of the Tom Scott).
Alan

CoachAD said...

Of course Richard. Thought you were still injured (a queue that Kenny has now joined, forcing him out of the Tom Scott).
Alan

Richard Lawton said...

Alan, I saw Grant this week for a deep leg massage. Our resident therapist said it was Tibialis Posterior Medial Ankle Pain that I suffering from. I did an easy run today, 1st since Tuesday, and my leg seems to be holding up at 6.5 miles although not 100%. So a mixture of rest and heat has helped. Fingers crossed for Sunday.

Richard

CoachAD said...

I hope that leg holds out for the duration of the race. Hopefully be a little bit warmer on Sunday which should minimise the chance of damaging the leg further.
Alan

Kenny said...

I hope Frances, Richard and Billy have a good run. I have a torn calf muscle and will be out for a couple of weeks. I will be at Strathclyde Park on Sunday to cheer you on.

Malcolm Buchanan said...

Go on Russell . Show those young bucks how it's done. Great to see so many new names (new to me) in on the action. Good luck to Frances and Billy on the TS 10 miler. Great memories of this event in the original format. That 1st mile from Law!