Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Saturday 9 June 2012

Pollok Park 5k parkrun


As I begin to write this short report I wonder how I can to start this and Wow & Amazing are words that come to mind.  There are not many races / running events that Emma and I can do together so it is always a pleasure to do the parkruns.  The usual plan of attack now is we both do our own race and meet at the end, and of recent it has been Emma waiting for me and today was no different.
We did our warm up and stretches together before we headed over to the congested start and found a mid point in the pack to start the race. The usual parkrun information at the start and then it was Go!  Needless to say by approaching the first bend Emma was out of sight and I knew then she was up for doing a good time.  At this point I all I could do was run my own race.
I navigated through Pollok Park with good pace, handled the hills & flats well.  Towards the end of the race I felt I ran well, fitter than I have been, my calf was ok and was rewarded with a time of 25:03 which is a season best by 50 seconds.   However that paled into insignificance when Emma greeted me at finishing line showing me her watch time of 21:54!   I thought age 10, massive PB, Wow & Amazing!
Emma’s official parkrun result was she finished in 62nd place and was the 3rd lady out of a field of 346 parkrunners and came 1st in her age category JW14. She set a new Personal Best by 84 seconds at Glasgow parkrun!
So maybe a new member for the senior Harriers women’s team!

Thanks to Richard for the report and very well done to Emma! She is certainly angling for a first team place with a time like that!
Alan

3 comments:

russell couper said...

i think we will have to tie Emma's laces together to give the rest of us a chance

russell couper said...

i think we will have to tie Emma's laces together to give the rest of us a chance

David Herbertson said...

Excellent performance at Pollock Park - I think that's up there with my time round that course!