Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Corstorphine 5M RR

3 Harriers made their way along the M8 to Edinburgh for the 8th race in the SVHC Grand Prix.
I arived very early in fact the numbers hadnt even arrived then Stuart arrived with Maud after a short lay off with injury then to my dismay Graham Lindsay the only one ahead of me in our age category.
The start had been moved this year after it had been accuratly measured adding 300 yds plus onto the previous course. Off we went and with my own injury to worry about i soon seen Stuart and Graham disappear into the distance although Graham told me afterwards he had managed to stay with Stuart until it started the biggest climb about 3.5 mls then dropped off a bit. For myself i was wishing the rain would come on to cool me down a bit but alas it wasnt to be and i found myself being pushed along by a girl i passed just before the 1st hill at 2 mls but was passed again at the top. Back passed again on the flat and had moved about 30yds away by the big hill at 3.5mls. Again she climbed well and was closing but was now racing a gent that had caught her so now 2 chasers. I got over the hill about 10 yds in front and could see the next runners in front the closest being about 400 yds away so it was just about keeping ahead of my chasers. One more surprise was to come the runner 400 yds in front had slowed really badly and i caught him within 0.5ml and had a strong run to the finish keeping about a 10sec gap to my chasers. Times were Stuart 34.25, Graham 34.51 and me 43.51.

No comments: