Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Sunday 21 June 2015

WHW RESULTS

Well done to both our runners in the WHW race. Ian Rae finished a little after 1am in a time of 24:24:17 and David Searil has just crossed the line in 32.11.41 . Quite an incredible feat of endurance. If you try to imagine how you feel just trying to stay awake for that length of time never mind covering 96 miles in the process. I can only think of one word "RESPECT".

Im sure Ian and David would like me to pass on their thanks to their support crews, Frances Maxwell, Geo Ferguson, Ruth Kelly and Jim Mearns. Good job guys.

4 comments:

CoachAD said...

That is some shift (for all concerned). Well done Ian and particularly Davie on your longest race to date. If I plot the curve of race distance against date, I think you are on for a 250 mile race next year!
Alan

Martin Duthie said...

Fantastic achievements Ian & David. Running for 32 hours is unbelievable. I don't think there is anything I could do for that length of time, not even lie in my bed. Although I've had a few good attempts in the past. Well done.
Martin

Davie Searil said...

Lovely comments guys, thanks but you did scare me for moment there Alan - 250 miles? Now that is crazy. Please also don't forget probably the two most important supports Ian and I have, namely Angela and Alison. The planning and organising that goes into getting a couple of guys up the way to FW is incredible, not to mention the endurance needed to be at the right place and at the right time. I'm sure Alison will agree that we are both in debt to Angela and Ian for giving us the benefit of their time and experience and their experienced crew of Frances and Geo. On a personal level (without writing a report way before I'm ready) I cannot thank Alison, Ruth and Jim enough for getting me to the finish because I know could not have done it without them. PS just in case anyone notices the time against this post, yes it is quarter past one in the morning and I can't sleep, was in bed for fifteen hours last night! zzzzzzzzzzzz

Kenny said...

Well done to both Ian and Davie for your fantastic achievements, Ian for his consistency over many years and Davie for showing that veteran runners can find new challenges. For those who have a hankering for the ultras you have each set a great example and for those who prefer the shorter distances your achievements are awesome.