Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Saturday 12 April 2014

parkrun report

Strathclyde Parkrun – Saturday 12th April 2014


Maybe not an ideal race preparation doing a 5k the day before the Tom Scott 10 mile race, however a football free weekend Emma & I made our short journey to Strathclyde Park to the weekly Parkrun.  For both of us it is not our usual choice of Parkrun as Emma last ran there in December 2012.   We stuck to our usual plan of attack which is we both do our own race and meet at the end, and more often than not Emma is waiting for me and today was no different.  We did our warm up and stretches’ together before we headed over to the start to join the field of 167 runners.

We both started near the front to ensure good starts and needless to say Emma was quite quickly ahead of me however I was trying to keep in touching distance and felt I did not a bad effort.  Despite the weather being slight windy we both ran personal bests.  Emma was first home in a time of 21:11 (Pb by 41 seconds) and I followed in 22:16 (Pb by 8 seconds).

Emma’s official Parkrun result was she finished in 18th place and was the 2nd female out of a field of 167 parkrunners and came 1st in her age category JW11-14.

My official Parkrun result was I finished in 32nd place and was the 27th male out of a field of 167 parkrunners and came 3rd in my age category VM35-39.

For all you Parkrun fans there is a new Parkrun starting in Springburn on Saturday 10th May at usual time of 9.30am. The location is Springburn Park, Springburn Rd, Balgrayhill, Glasgow, G21 3UB. http://www.parkrun.org.uk/springburn/

1 comment:

CoachAD said...

Fantastic pb's from the Lawtons!
Alan