Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Sunday 30 March 2014

The Lost Trails

Today I headed to Falkland for a 5 mile trail race (flying solo this time!). I had pre-entered the race, but somehow I wasn't on the list. I figured that either someone wants to be me or maybe they're trying to tell me something?!?
As it turned out, it was the usual 2 laps that I had ran in the Frostbite series with a hill climb in the middle. The terrain was challenging and exposed my lack of strength on hills (Alan and Eddy's fault of course!). This caused a bit of a yoyo race between me and 3 local guys that I'm usually ahead of in these races. Speed v strength? I was happy to report that it was speed 2 - strength 1 as in spite of getting murdered on the uphill I was able to pass 2 of them on the way down.
I was relieved to get off the hilly part and to be heading for the familiar sight of the burn (wet feet again!) and vault the fallen tree, followed by about half a mile up the finishing straight.
Time 40.20 Distance- meant to be 5 miles?
Well done George and thanks for the race report.
Alan

No comments: