Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Monday 10 June 2013

Dechmont Law Trail Race & Skye Half Marathon

Over the weekend we had a few Harriers out and about racing.
First out on Saturday was Gerry Connelly at Skye for the Half Marathon. No race report available but Gerry ran a time of 1:51:54.
Then on Sunday we had round 15 of the Grand Prix at the Dechmont Law Trail Race.
The course was extended this year as it had been a little short in previous years making it even tougher than normal. The course was very firm due to the warm weather of late but with all the dry ruts it made for difficult running.
First Harrier home was Stephen Phimister ( 42.07 ) then came Eddie Reid (43.35 ) next in was David Herbertson ( 44.06 ) and Jim Holmes ( 44.51 ). Joanne McEvoy our only Female taking part came home next in ( 46.24 ). Our next two Harriers made a race of it between themselves ( 51.11 ) versus ( 51.13 ) with George Stewart just pipping Richard Lawton to the line. Finally still nursing a dodgy calf was Russell Couper ( 62.38 ). Happy enough with this all things considered with the extended course and dodgy calf it was still 3 mins faster than last year. Another good race hosted by Lothian Running Club and I would encourage more Harriers to try it next year. Alan will update the Grand Prix when he returns and then announce when the final race The Vertical Mile will be. In the meantime if my arithmetic is correct there is no change in the Scratch Championships positions but the Grand Prixs both have new leaders Joanne McEvoy and Russell Couper. Message for George I will need to start calling myself GPL.

If anyone else was racing over the weekend that ive not noticed let me know and I will add it on.

Phil Marshall ran the Stoke on Trent Half Marathon in a time of 1.56.42 a pb for Phil well done.
Hopefully a report to follow.

Davie Searil has had a busy weekend on Saturday he ran the Inverness parkrun in 23.58 but not content with this he then ran the Nairn 10m road race on the Sunday 1.22.26. It just goes to show even on holiday harriers just cant help themselves.

Ruth Kelly also ran the Vale of Leven 10k completing the full Polaroid series with a time of 52.44, this was also Ruth's first outing in her Harriers vest which to use her own words brought out a little competitive streak. Im sure this will grow in the coming months as the times drop.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I did a Half Marathon in Stoke-on-Trent, best time ever 1:56:42.

CoachAD said...

Well done Phil, I told you that you would demolish your course best. Please send me a full report showing how tough a course it was and I will put it on the blog.
Alan

Unknown said...

Thanks Alan, what format and how do I send it ?

Davie Searil said...

Inverness parkrun 8/6/13 in 23.58 and the following day Nairn 10 mile road race in 1.22.26 Davie Searil, harrier on tour.

Anonymous said...

I did the last Polaroid 10K at the Vale of Leven on Sunday. It was my first outing in my new Calderglen vest and I must say I really enjoyed representing the club. The shouts of "Well done Calderglen!" really helped to keep me going and I felt chuffed to overtake 2 ladies from different clubs in the home straight. I may have just become a bit competitive! 52 minutes is a bit slower than my personal best but I am determined to chip that down over the next year.

Ruth