Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Saturday 18 July 2009

Race in Jersey (and Vest)


Prior to going on holiday to Jersey I had said that I wasn't even taking my running shoes but that soon changed as Sandra wanted some company for a few runs. Before setting off I thought I would do a search to see if I could find some routes that we could run - not realising that this would lead me to the Jersey Spartans website. They were having a 4 mile race on the Friday night (The Mike Romeril Trophy race) so I took a note of a club contact and packed my club vest.

On the Monday night I phoned to see if I could participate in the race. I was made most welcome and invited to join the club training the following night (meeting at 6pm on the sea front).

So much for me wanting a rest and not taking my shoes! I didn't know what I was letting myself in for - a good hard session of 16 x 80 secs efforts with 10 secs recovery between each. On the Friday night I felt most
welcome once again. The race was 4 miles ( 2 laps )of Queens Valley Reservoir.

The winning time was 22 mins and I finished third in 23mins 37 secs (16 secs behind the 2nd runner) and 1st vet. It was great to meet another great bunch of guys and girls from a running club similar in many ways to our own.

Eddie

Well done to Eddie and thanks for the report and inspiration for a future training session! If anyone else has holiday running reports and photos, please pass them on. It's always good to hear about the Harriers out and about.

No comments: