Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Sunday 5 July 2009

Kilmarnock 10k

A small field of runners turned out to brave the gruelling heat to do the annual Kilmarnock Harriers 10K on 1st July this year and Richard was the solo Calderglen Harrier who travelled the short distance do this race on one of the hottest nights of the summer so far.

It was a long uphill start of 3K into the open Ayrshire country roads and after short time I wondered if I lost my marbles running in this weather but the water station after the 5K mark was a welcome sight. After this weather became cooler allowing me to settle into my stride and luckily the last 2K is down hill but it felt like someone was moving the finish line as it never seemed in sight. As always I was targeting for under 50 mins however I recorded a time of (50:41).

A good race with a very welcome cup(s) of water & juice at the end with a free mug as a souvenir.

Well done to Richard and thanks for the report.

No comments: