Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Thursday 5 March 2009

Proposed redevelopment of the trail path

If you can remember back at the AGM, I spoke about the proposal by Sainsburys to create a new path to replace the one which passes alongside the wind turbine. Well, in this week’s EK News buried in the list of planning applications is their planning submission. I went in the civic centre today and looked at the plans. They are going ahead with their original route i.e. along the pavement until you get to the new path through the woodland next to the sub-station. At the meeting I went to, they were asked to consider keeping the path off road and behind that farm on the left. They probably had no intentions of changing as it will cost more. I spoke with the planning department today and the person who is dealing with the application is going to phone me on Monday. If we as a club and also as individuals want to object then we probably only have next week to write in as I don't know when it will go to committee. I will form a draft letter which members can submit. Watch this space.
Roddy

1 comment:

Scot said...

I don't think we should mention the trail race as that is a annual avent, but write to our MP, MSP & Councillor's that we use these trails daily, weekly etc. To keep fit and help keep us away from the NHS. The money Sainsbury's will save in the first six months from raod tax will pay for the new path.