Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Monday 10 July 2017

A last minute opportunity

A very last minute opporchancity - Gerry has had to drop out so if anyone else fancies a run out on Saturday please contact me. 
Stop Press - Sandy Hayden has stepped into the breach, thank you.
 
Clyde Stride Ultra Marathon Relay

I have a team relay entry for this Saturday's Clyde Stride but we have been beset with problems - I'm still injured, Ruth is (understandably) exhausted and Michael is otherwise engaged. We are down to two runners when four are required so I wondered if a couple of other harriers would like to take part.

The relay consists of four legs covering the forty miles from Partick to New Lanark along the Clyde Walkway, starting at 09:00. Legs as follows;

leg one Partick Station C'lang Bridge 10 miles Flat/Town
leg two C'lang Bridge Strathclyde Park 8 miles Flattish/Rural
leg three Strathclyde Park Mauldslie Bridge 10 miles Undulating/Rural
leg four Mauldslie Bridge New Lanark 12 miles Undulating+/Rural

It's not going to be a Calderglen harriers team as such (no club vests involved) but I'd like it to comprise my clubmates before anyone else. Cost is £13 per leg. Almost forgot to mention Gerry Mullen and Gordon McInally are the two runners still standing!

If you fancy it please pm me on facebook, phone/text me if you know my number or leave a comment below. Speed is of the essence as Lee the RD has extended her time limits for team details just for me (and you know you don't want to get Race Directors angry) so contact me asap - I only have until tomorrow lunchtime.

Davie

PS for more information see Entry Central and the Race website
https://www.entrycentral.com/Clyde-Stride-Ultra
http://clydestride.webnode.com/

4 comments:

Davie Searil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

If either first two legs available I can run this Saturday.

Kenny said...

Davie, I could run on Saturday. The earlier the better. Kenny

Davie Searil said...

Cheers guys, you're both in!