Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Saturday 8 July 2017

ToF Day 3 - Kircaldy 1 Mile TT

Just what you need after coming off East Lomond, sore quads all around. However, it's the same for everyone who raced and don't think it's a night for PB's.

The first decision was where to park? We decided the start would be best as it will allow us to run the course, turn and run back. There were markers every quarter mile, so you could keep track of your pace. Me, I was running naked as I never managed to pick up a battery for the timex. Maybe a good thing! On the way back to the start, Joanne wanted to do something called "bursts"... not for me as my start time was about 20 minutes behind her. Before too long Joanne was off with 2 evenly matched runners, the bloke shot off and was gone, leaving the 2 girls to battle it out all the way, they finished 1 sec apart...Joanne on 5.54. Joanne had never ran a flat mile before so it was a PB whatever happened.

My turn, 2 blokes and me. We're off and the bloke with the Fife vest is away, that leaves me in the middle with the other runner behind. It was tough going and I was just running my own race. It seemed to get easier about half way, then I realize that it was because the guy from Fife was actually slowing and I was maintaining the same gap, I seized my opportunity and moved past him. Managed to chase a few others down and finished 6.22.

They are supposed to be considering moving the Ravencraig 1 mile series here, so it would be good to go back with fresh legs and give it another try.

George

No comments: