Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Monday 3 February 2014

John Lucas Round Strathaven 50 Relay

03.02.14 update - 8 entries already, looking for two more to complete two teams. If I don't get any more by tonight I have a couple of guests in mind.

Davie

John Lucas Round Strathaven 50 Relay
Having gone along to give Ian some support at last years' race I heard the newly-appointed race director talk of his plans for 2014, which included a relay. Knowing that not many harriers would fancy doing 50 miles (doh!) I thought this might be a great summer team event for the club. The legs are varied in length, the weather should be warm at least (17th August) and the atmosphere is excellent as the bike ride is held simultaneously.

The five legs are 10.8, 8.3, 6.3, 14.7 and 9.7 miles long and are held on the sort of roads we run on all the time in the better weather. Entry costs £12 each.

Look it up on Entry Central if you are interested or on the Strathaven Striders website. Speak to me or 'phone asap - I don't think there are many team places left

Davie S

13 comments:

Richard Lawton said...

Hi Davie,

I would like to do the relay but I don't have your contact number. I will be up at the club tonight (Monday 3/2).

Richard

CoachAD said...

Davie
Note that Russell is working on securing at least two official club team entries, so please don't pre-empt the efforts of our race secretary. He is particularly looking at flexibility ffrom the organisers for name changes and male/female team requirements. If this race has a permit, then we cannot declare guests in the team, although I am sure we will easily fill the team's with Harriers anyway.
Alan

Anonymous said...

Myself and Geo would be interested.

Frances

Anonymous said...

Stuart Waugh would be interested in this event.

Anonymous said...

Julie Beveridge would be interested in this event.

David Herbertson said...

David H would join a team

Kenny said...

Davie, can you count me in please.
Kenny

russell couper said...

I Will do this but be best on the 6.3 leg

George said...

No Russell, that's my leg!!

russell couper said...

George you can do that leg too as your not good enough to get in my team

Davie Searil said...

George, are you putting your name in as well?

Anonymous said...

Davie/Russell I would like to put my name in the hat for the short leg ! but will do whatever comes my way if I don't win it.
Billy

Davie Searil said...

Billy, I told you last night - your 'pal' Kenny has reserved the 14.7 miles leg especially for you!