Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Saturday 1 February 2014

John Lucas Round Strathaven 50 Relay

Having gone along to give Ian some support at last years' race I heard the newly-appointed race director talk of his plans for 2014, which included a relay. Knowing that not many harriers would fancy doing 50 miles (doh!) I thought this might be a great summer team event for the club. The legs are varied in length, the weather should be warm at least (17th August) and the atmosphere is excellent as the bike ride is held simultaneously.

The five legs are 10.8, 8.3, 6.3, 14.7 and 9.7 miles long and are held on the sort of roads we run on all the time in the better weather. Entry costs £12 each.

Look it up on Entry Central if you are interested or on the Strathaven Striders website. Speak to me or 'phone asap - I don't think there are many team places left

Davie S


1 comment:

CoachAD said...

Sounds like a great idea. I think we should get a club entry in.
Alan