Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Sunday 3 November 2013

Eddies Half Marathon

After bumping into Christine Dougan,( daughter of Eddie of Eddies half marathon) on the ferry home from the Barrathon this year Scot Hill and I were talked into doing Eddies Half Marathon.
We made our way up on Saturday in torrential rain to arrive at Fort William and sunshine.
Race day was cold with blustery wind but no rain!
I was hoping to do much better than my previous halfs this year and wanted to break 1:40. Scot was hoping to get back to about a 1:30 time.
The run is out and back with only a few hills. I was going well until the 12 mile mark when I was really feeling the cold and the usual wind was in your face.
I was pleased to finish in 1:37:00 and Scott had a good run at 1:31:51.
We had great support as usual from Irene and Caroline.
A fish supper at Tyndrum on the way home finished the weekend perfectly.

Graham Lindsay

No comments: