Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Friday 23 August 2013

Irvine Marymass 10k

After a bit of a confusing start with some saying 7.15 and others saying 7.30 and an announcement saying  7.30 the horn went at 7.26. Feeling a bit self conscious in my new flashy running shoes, I had a great start. Good conditions for running a bit warm but a slight breeze. I decided to just stay somewhere in the top 10 and came in 8th place with a time of 36.20,  (10th last year) and 2nd vet. 1 1/2 from 3rd place. This is a great wee SLA measured course. I will be back next year but will have to get myself a flashier pair of trainers!
Ian Hughes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alan, OK I can take a hint you are swim training for the vacant (so far) A day in the Lakes swim slot for 2014 and are desperate to be considered. No problem your name is in !! Billy

CoachAD said...

Billy, I am afraid that I can only swim in 22 degrees C plus water temperature, otherwise I would have!
Alan