Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Friday 30 December 2011

Pub Run Review

Not that we are competitive, but several records were broken in last night's festive pub run:
  1. most participants (somewhere between 23 and 25, counting was not our strong point last night)
  2. biggest ladies team ever to turn out for a Calderglen event (8 - what does that tell you?)
  3. fastest time (2:47:34 for 6 pubs and 6.25 miles - for those targeting a comfortable sub-3 hour marathon, this gives you a useful guide as to how you might feel at the finish if we assume that 6 pubs is equivalent to about 20 miles of running)
  4. most Garmins ever deployed at a Calderglen event (at least 6 that I saw, making this the most accurately verified event in Calderglen history)
  5. biggest kitty (follows from record (1))
  6. most cups of tea and cappuccinos consumed on a pub run (around 4 or 5; a first, never happened before) 
  7. first official Calderglen entry in a pub quiz away fixture (New Farm)
  8. most fun had on a pub run!
Thanks to all Harriers and friends of Harriers for making this annual event so enjoyable. A big thanks to Frances and Sandra for the huge responsibility of transporting the kitty from pub to pub and for getting the drinks in.

Happy New Year!
Alan

4 comments:

StephenP said...

Worth noting that somewhere between Whitehills and Auldhouse the concept of a summer pub run was discussed, only this time going to the north side of EK. Something along the lines of Claderwood Square, Orion Way (Whirlies), Stewartfield Farm, Village, Crooked Lum and the Club. Distances need to be checked but with Eddie now a master of all things GPS it shouldnt be too hard.

SP

Eddie said...

Thanks Stephen! Yes I am becoming a master of my GPS and I'm sure by the summer I will be able to use it on my own. I've just uploaded last night's pub run on to my own profile page, including my heart rate throughout the run!!
Happy New Year to everyone

David Herbertson said...

Was that the drink talking? Sorry I missed such a good night!

Scot said...

Happy New Year and sorry I missed a good night (Man Flu)