Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Thursday 4 December 2008

Milan Marathon

Gerry and Richie ran 2:53 in the Milan Marathon 10 days ago. Well done.

See the comment under the EK10k times for someone's rather ungracious delivery of this news item. If you have any news on races you have done, please pass it on to someone who has access to the blog (me, Russell, Malcolm, Stephen) or better still, come up and tell us so we can congratulate you in person!!

Don't assume we all have the time to browse the internet or running magazines looking for race results. I personally have been working in extreme conditions inside the Arctic Circle for two weeks, so checking the web for race results, unless people e-mail them to me, has been low on my priorities.

And finally, the Blog policy is that comments from "anonymous" authors are not usually published unless the author identifies themself within the comment text and it is certain that the author is who they say they are.

Regards
Alan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whilst I was not the anonymous writer , I would like to thank the person very much for posting the note. I agree that it is unreasonable to expect others to search for results weekly, however many people within the club knew that we were running in Milan, wished me luck prior to going and knew my time before I came back up to the club last Thursday and I received several very good texts from club members whilst I was in Milan. Although none of us take part in events to get our names in print it is always rewarding to feel part of the club even when taking part in the non regular runs, eg the Buchlyvie Half Marathon, Eddies Half Marathon or The two ferries 10miler which all merited postings.ps I think the anonymous poster is my new pal Ronaldhino!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done to Richie and Gerry, great effort.Ps. Thought the anonymous comments were spot on.Thought you both deserved a better mention. Well done. Andy B