Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Sunday 15 July 2018

Tour of Fife Day 4 - Glenrothes 5k

I'm a bit 5k shy these days, but this is actually a great course. It's out and back with a few slight climbs out the way and a great run back. I think part of it is in the 10k which Russell did recently. It was really hot running at 2pm and it seemed warmer on the path between the hedgerows and tunnels. This was my worst race last year and hated every minute of it. It's a road runners race and you can tell straight away, if you have speed you'll love it. My plan was to just run it steady and don't get caught up with times. This worked well and I was pleased to be over a minute faster. Joanne on the other hand had a few breathing down her neck on the overall scoreboard and was under pressure to perform. As I came towards the turning point, Joanne passed me heading home, I felt a bit sorry for her as 2 of her racing enemies were within 5 mtrs of her. She would need to maintain that pace to keep them at bay. I eventually finished and was keen to hear how she got on.....she ran away from them and was the exact same time as the previous year.

Joanne 47th - 8th female in 20:05
Me 100th 23:39

Overall after 4 days
Joanne 48th 1:29:18 9th female in a group of 6 with 1min 25sec separating them, all to play for on the 10k trail.
Me 90th 1:42:09

George

1 comment:

CoachAD said...

Go Joanne! Give it everything on the last day. Good to see you getting faster again George.
Alan