Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 December 2016

WEST DISTRICT XC

Finally got round to doing the report for Sundays race. We had 4 ladies and 8 men running on a bitter cold day. Tent up and a nice spot in the sun to watch the races passing by. First up was the Ladies and the race went to form over the 2.5 laps with Julie the first Harrier home in 29.55 and 24th place followed by Joanne in 32.06 and 43rd place. Kay was next home running with a constant smile on her face even though everyone else looks in pain. Kays time was 33.44 in 60th place. Finally Sandy I believe making her debut over this distance in a time of 40.15 in 110th place. Great performances from our ladies with an 8th place team.
Next up was the men running 4 laps with a now very low sun in the eyes. Great to see the two Davids making a comeback at XC after several years absence, that's Searil and Watt. After starting steady I found about half way round the first lap I was isolated with 2 runners behind me so just had to do my usual time trialling format. Did notice some frost on the ground half way round and was glad I kept the hat and gloves on. With it being a 4 lap race I knew in advance that I would get caught earlier and sure enough I was caught by the leaders on lap 2 and had the pleasure of watching many good runner lap me until I got onto lap 4. The course was getting really heavy in lots of places and could see everyone going wide looking for firmer ground but by lap 3 there was none to be found. I also noticed as each lap passed and the sun was gone the frost was increasing on many parts of the course. I was now really glad of the hat and gloves, First of the men home was D Watt 41.58 and 73rd place and also 1st M55. Next in and getting some great form back was Andy Henderson 49.40 and 192nd place followed closely by Jim 50.14 and 196th place. After some recent close results between Kenny and Richard this turned out to be a quite conclusive victory for Kenny with Kenny finishing in 50.39 and 201st place with Richard running 53.45 in 222nd place. Just 3 Harriers still on the course with next in Gordon again I think making his debut over this distance in 56.09 and 234th place. Next in D Searil in 58.56 and 242nd place. Finally Russell in a time of 66.27 and 249th place.
The men took 19th team and 14th master team. Thanks to Martin and his family for coming down to wish us all luck.

No comments: