Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Friday 3 July 2015

Hot, Humid and Midgified 5k

A holiday reduced field lined up one by one for a hot and humid July Auldhouse 5k. This time everyone wanted an early start time to avoid being eaten alive by the midges. I can testify that as each runner started off, more of the midges diverted their attention to me and Kenny Leinster.

All the results are here.  First timers John Freer and Joe Sheils had great runs on this difficult to pace course. Yvonne Traynor had her first 5k of the season and will knock lumps out of that time on a cooler night for sure. Fastest time of the night was Mark Saez (Mark, I really didn't forget to add you to the start list, I intuitively knew you would be fastest and hence last to start!) in 19:01 with fast finishing Ian Hughes close behind. Special mention to Graham Ramage for risking his knee with a still respectable lap time and to Billy Buchanan for providing mobile cheer leading to newcomer Joe.

Thanks to all for continuing to support this monthly ritual.
Alan

3 comments:

Davie Searil said...

Alan, with your 'monthly ritual' comment you make us sound more of a religious cult than a running club! Mind you, now that I think about it there are valid comparisons to be made I suppose.

CoachAD said...

Davie perhaps we should get a pulpit installed at the club for me to deliver the session from.......
Alan

CoachAD said...

Davie perhaps we should get a pulpit installed at the club for me to deliver the session from.......
Alan