Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Monday 2 September 2013

Bella 5k and 10k

Sunday 1st September was my 3rd 10k in a row to have a go at beating my pb time but today was not the day.  There was blistering winds in Bellahouston Park which meant parts of the course you were running into a strong wind.

I was running 4:30 mins per 1k which I managed to 4k then I lost time to 4k to 5k markers due to the wind.  When we got onto Mosspark Boulevard the wind had subsided and I was able to pick up the pace to make up lost time. Then we did a 2nd loop of the park and I lost time again at the 7k to 8k with the final 2k I was able to run faster going down then up Mosspark Boulevard and finishing in the park.

My debut time on this course was 47:30 (56 seconds over my pb). Stuart Waugh was running again today and got a time of 45:11 improving by over a minute from last week’s 10k in Killin.

The host club Bellahouston Roadrunners had a 5k race with 118 runners lining up before the main event and we had 3 Harriers on the course.  First in was Ian Hughes with a top 20 position in a time of 18 mins,next in was Junior Harrier Anna Fegan in a  time of 30:17 and her Mum Jennifer, who helps on Wednesday training, with a time of 31:21.

Thanks to Richard for the report and well done to all.
Alan

No comments: