Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Monday 27 August 2012

Irvine 10k Road Race

Finally a race where it rained, my last few races have been very warm.  After being a bit disappointed at the Bella 5k last Sunday, getting a time of 18 minutes, I had decided to just do this race for the fun of it.  Finding the registration was not easy, I found the start and finish of the race first.  A churchgoer finally pointed me in the right direction.  As the race started I realised I was in eighth place, which was further up the field than I had planned.  I decided just to go for it and see what happened.  It was a good route going round the harbour and beach area of Irvine.  I held 8th place until after the 5k marker where I lost a couple of places and finished in 10th place with a time of 37.21.  I was surprised but delighted with this as this was my first 10k in over a year.  The winning time was 31.26.  Well marshalled and accurately measured this year.

Thanks to Ian Hughes for the report and well done.
Alan

No comments: