Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Friday 19 August 2011

Speed of Light - An Invitation to The Harriers


Thanks to the 5 who expressed an interest in doing this (Eddie, Sandra, Stephen, David and Karen). I've advised the organisers and we are in. Further details at the link below but the important point is that we MUST be there for 5:45 on Tuesday (and also Thursday if anyone can make that) before the rehearsal starts otherwise we won't be able to participate at all. So we have to get out of EK/Glasgow sharp to beat the rush hour traffic. We can discuss travel arrangements on Monday at the club. I can take all 6 in my car if you want to guarantee that either all or none of us get there!

The latest details for those invited to take part are at this link. Please read.
Alan

Just one more Harrier required to complete a minimum team of 5 for next Tuesday 23rd. We need to be through at Arthur's Seat for 5:45 so I guess we need to leave EK at around 1600 to stand a chance in the rush  hour traffic.

Is anyone up for this? I would quite like to do it, preferably on Tuesday 23rd but possibly on Thursday 25th (I have a big race in Sweden on 27th so don't want to be running up Arthur's Seat too many times too close to that!). I can take my car through if we can get 4 - 6 people interested. We are doing hill reps at the club just now anyway so this would be quite appropriate training .......... maybe. Leave a comment or drop me an e-mail if you are interested (I am away with work this week).


Alan


I am writing to invite your running club to be part of a unique piece of mass-participatory visual art on Arthur’s Seat, called Speed of Light.
Next year, as Scotland’s official contribution to the Cultural Olympiad and the London 2012 Festival, Speed of Light will light up Edinburgh’s iconic mountain at night with patterns of moving light, for 18 nights. A major commission for Edinburgh International Festival, we will be inviting 300 runners a night to wear specially engineered light-suits and work with a choreographer to create beautiful patterns on the hill which will be seen by over 18,000 ticket holders.
Ahead of that, we are going to chart the networks of paths on Arthur’s Seat and begin to map running times on the hill. We are seeking runners fromEdinburgh and the surrounding areas to help us do this.
I am looking to gather around 100 runners on 23rd and 25th August 2011at 5.45pm at Arthur’s Seat. I have attached more details and hope a team (or several teams) can attend from your running club.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch – I appreciate that this email has come out of the blue and might be an unusual request.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,
Catrin.

Catrin Kemp
Project Assistant - Speed of Light

3 comments:

StephenP said...

I would be interested. Just need to see what time for leaving glasgow. Either day but more chance of an early finish on the Tuesday
Stephen

David Herbertson said...

I should be OK to join too.

Anonymous said...

I would like to go along too.

Karen