Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Sunday 27 January 2008

Women's Grand Prix Races

Ladies, your club needs you! We are now officially 10 races through the 2007 - 2008 Grand Prix series and only a handful of races have been completed in the women's competition. The competition is wide open, not least because of the unfortunate injuries to several of the leading participants, so come on, it's not too late to start your Grand Prix campaign. Good prizes available at the end of the season.

Please use the comments link below to suggest some races that you would like to do between now and the end of the competition (Vertical Mile in June/July, date tbc). What about the Brittanic 10k? The most popular suggestions will be added to the Women's Grand Prix.

2 comments:

CoachAD said...

I have copied the following comment (by MPG) from "Club Fees.." post where it was wrongly posted:

hugh wilson 10k,barrhead 5k, Ek 10k and strathaven 10k- closer to home is always nice. Some of these x-country relays take all day-the west districts is too close to christmas to take a saturday off. The brittanic is a little expensive but might be fun if a few of us did it.

.... and CoachAD replied
Thanks MPG, that is certainly "fuel" for thought. I will certainly add some or all of your suggested races to the Women's Grand Prix for this year or next year if these races have already passed. I will wait to see if there is any more positive feedback on the Brittanic before adding that one though because, as you say, it is a little pricy. I think all the races would be fun if "a few of us did" them.

Please be careful to post your comments under the correct story (by clicking the comment link UNDER the relevant story, otherwise the threads end up disconnected like this one is now.

Anonymous said...

I agree that the womens 10k is is expensive and for my liking too crowded. I like a good atmosphere but I also like to see where I'm putting my feet. I'd like to see the relays stay. They are a bit different. You can find a 5/10k anywhere.