Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Sunday 30 December 2018

Tilli 10k

Well after noticing David Searil had managed to squeeze in another race and write a report (very good reports as well throughout the year) before the end of 2018 I was not going to be out-done and managed to hopefully find the last race of 2018 and write the last race report of 2018 for the Harriers!

The race in question was the inaugural Tilli 10k organised by PH Racing.  A 10k race starting in Tillicoultry and more or less an out and back course along the Devon Way (4.5k each way) with a loop in Dollar.  The course was very flat and the purpose of the loop was to prevent the runners having to stop dead and go around a cone - a great idea.

The race was won by Commenwealth bronze medalist Robbie Simpson in a time of 30.44 with Fiona Matheson the women’s winner in a time of 37.50.

Personally I felt December was a bad month for me to put consistent training together with a lot of non-running activities taking place. Given the nature of this course and the right weather then the course has the potential for fast times and PBs.  My time was 42.02.  Not my best but given the training I had done this month probably about where I was with it.

This race represented good value for money at only £10. As well as water and a banana at the end there was a water bottle and a bottle of beer.  The post-race spread was great - I had soup and a sausage roll (there was the option of pie as well) and I didn’t even go near the spread of cakes after all that!

Oh and for the fashion conscious in our club it was nice of the host club to have race numbers which blended in with the Harriers running vest.

Julie


4 comments:

CoachAD said...

Well done Julie, a fine performance and almost certainly the last race of the year..... or is it?
Alan

Davie Searil said...

I think you win Julie -:)

Martin H said...

Well done Julie - a great effort.

Anonymous said...

One for next year instead of the Turkey Trot then I think.

Gordon