Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Friday 5 July 2013

Sandy Slither Race Report

Made my way to a small car park at the end of the village of Lower Largo (apparently where Robinson Crusoe was born)!
My first task was to kadge a lift back here, as it was a "point to point" finishing in Elie. I soon had a lift from a vet 70, sorted!
So off we went - quarter of a mile through the village on to the sand (wet, smelly, rocky and slippy in parts), but if you run as close to the waters edge it saves a few cm (that's where I headed). We came off the beach (the first one) at 3 miles, up a hill like West Lomond (but like a wedding cake with a mast at the top, so a bit of run/walking), down along the cliff tops on to the second beach (maybe close to a mile and white sand this time), through a golf course and on to the third beach (maybe half a mile curving to the right) and towards the (can't come quick enough) finish!
I hung about waiting on my vet 70 (new pal) to crawl over the line, but he was soon to reveal that although his car was at the finish...he had forgot his bloomin keys!! I put on my charm and luckily 2 blokes form a new running club Leven Las Vegas (I'm joining them with a name like that) agreed to take me back to my car!!
Overall one of the best races that I have done, great scenery, a tough race with more strength than pace, a friendly bunch and as I said earlier, for £4!!
Newburgh 4.23 mile next Wednesday if anyone else fancies it.
George

Well done George.

4 comments:

Eddie said...

Great news your going to a new club , We will all give you our support(if you go) . Yesssssssss

CoachAD said...

How many tiers were on this wedding cake? I'm struggling to picture a multi-level hill with each layer supported on columns.
Alan

ianh said...

What happened to the vet 70, was he dumped for getting it wrong?

George said...

Yeah, thanks guys for your encouraging comments! Another 8 races comming up in Fife, including the tour, so more to come......