Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Monday 6 May 2013

Race Report As Requested

After being at the Sports Clubs Race Night on the Saturday evening I was up on Sunday morning feeling rather sleepy but thought give it a couple of hours and I will be wide awake. Alas as it came time to leave the house I could quite happily have gone back to my bed. Arriving at Cartha Rugby club the walk from the car to registration felt like an effort so knew it would be one of those days after running not too bad the last couple of weeks. 50 runners lined up for the start which had been moved to add on about 200m after a remeasurment in preparation for the BMAF 10k in August.
Off we went taking it very easy as I knew that come the 2nd lap fatigue would set in, as it was it set in half way round the first lap and the comparison from Wednesdays nights run was very clear. Those that had finished around me from the middle of the first lap started to pass and move away. It was a warm muggy day which just added to the world conspiring against me. It could have been worse I might have got lapped but managed to miss that with a few minutes to spare. Stuart Waugh is continuing his return to form with another steady run in 42.56 and 1st m60 across the line compared to my time of 57.59 but recent form should have got me around 52 to 53 mins. Also taking part for his 2nd run on the roads in a week was past member Scot Hill and again keeping a safe steady pace 44.42. Maybe he will be able to get back to full training with the club soon.

No comments: