Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Saturday 29 September 2018

Morgan,s Coming to get you

I took a wee trip down to Strathclyde park this morning for the parkrun. On arrival I bumped into Morgan and her dad Richard. A brief chat with Morgan she revealed that she set a new pb in May of just over 26 mins. Having been training a fair bit with her lately and leading her at the training camp I was confident she could run sub 25 and probably nearer 24 mins and told her as much. I had also mentioned at the training camp that I was no longer confident I could beat her in any sort of race.
As the run started I set off fairly quick and going for a good time (gotta keep this young upstart behind me lol ) Through mile 1 in 7.45 but Morgan was now about 40 metres in front of me. Round the turn and heading back, working hard and wondering if Morgan had gone off too quick who by mile 2 had stretched to about 100 metres of a lead on me. I aint gonna catch her but im still on for a good time. Finished in 24.30 my fastest 5k of the year so far and fastest at Strathclde park since 2011 and as most of you know ive done a lot down there. Morgan had finished in 23.30 a huge pb and another one that's now passed me but beware everyone shes coming after you next. Theres a lot of Harriers running about the 22 to 23 minute mark. ( be very afraid ). Her dad Richard had run 22.02 so she will soon be on his tail too. Also running today was Ian McKenzie (26.06 ). Ian has to get himself back to the club and regular training look what its doing for Morgan.

Good luck to all the Harriers running in Glasgow tomorrow and those doing their final steps of tapering for Chester next week.

2 comments:

Richard Lawton said...

Brilliant running Morgan and performance. I can still remember you saying you can't run 5k and look at you now a mid 23 time.

Its taken a while but good to see a pipeline of young talent progressing from juniors to seniors and sustaining. Chris & Morgan have established themselves as part of senior group, Lucy Saez is moving away from the juniors and settling into the Tuesday training group and hopefully Ashleigh is not far on her heels.

Anyway back to Morgan well done and keep working hard to get the rewards.

Richard

CoachAD said...

Well done Morgan on a superb PB. I am sure big chunks will continue to be eaten out if that time in the coming months. Stick in at the training. Well done Russell too in a great season's best and an even better report promoting our young and improving talent.
Alan