Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Sunday 19 December 2010

XMAS HANDICAP


Today the club held its annual Xmas handicap which was another great success. We had a number of kids out doing either 1 or 2 laps of the course and dressed in various costumes, well done to all the kids who came out in such cold conditions. We then had the senior runners running 5 laps. Among the runners we had a couple of Nuns, a caveman, Harry Potter, an Elf, various Santas, Darth Vader, a Punk Rocker, Elvis, Tinky Winky, a Canoeist, Batgirl, Johnny Depp and a beachboy. There was probably a few more but memory fails me. The 1st three across the finish were Russell Couper followed by Graham Ramage then Martin Duthie. Once again this year Martin has donated £100 that the first three can select a charity to recieve a donation of £50, £30 and £20 respectivly so once i hear the charities selected by Graham and Martin we will get the Cheques written and sent away. My selected charity will be Marie Curie Cancer Care Hospice.
Many thanks to all who turned up and helped and supported everyone running as it was a particlary cold day for standing watching but the runners get great warmth from the cheering as we clock up the laps
Well Done all

2 comments:

Martin Duthie said...

Well done on your win Russell. I should've battered you with my club when I was a lap behind to slow you down. Great charity choice. I'll go for Deaf Blind as my charity choice. Thanks Martin

grazie said...

Thanks for the kind donation Martin - I'll choose Yorkhill Children's Foundation as my Charity.

Great fun yesterday - even in the cold!!