Upcoming Harriers Events

Search This Blog

Saturday 3 March 2018

A STRANGE SIGHT TODAY

Found a strange sight this morning. A snow and ice free run Yippee. Thanks to a hint from Emma Craig I headed down to Troon as the parkrun was going ahead. It was there alternate course which is just a shorter version of the normal course but 3 times. They have had snow and ice like the rest of us but there crew had worked hard to clear the ice from their course and had cleared enough to run the alternate course. The run is pancake flat and without the wind and cold this is a course for anyone looking for a PB in the future. Off we went at 9.30 all on the seafront and shortly reaching the first of the many u turns. Not long after this first turn I got a shout from the runners behind me heading to the turn, it was Martin Howell. Yes I'm beating Martin (well not really) Martin had arrived late and was playing catch up. He was soon past me and moving away. Despite the wind I was going well and enjoying running on a tarmac surface. Soon enough we were on the last up and down and heading for the finish. Martin finishing in an actual time of 20.33 and myself in 25.41. Will do this one again when the spring eventually comes. Anyone out running this weekend stay safe and enjoy.

1 comment:

Martin H said...

Well done Russell - good seeing you there.